Here is what I believe:
• Health embodies living with energy and vitality, having no pains or discomforts – mentally, physically, emotionally; and aging gracefully without disabilities.
• Everyone is unique; their health state and needs are unique. A person should be treated as a whole – a not a body part or a disease.
• Our minds have a huge impact on our health and wellbeing.
• The patient presents with health challenges where his or her genetics have mingled with life (their environment).
• Our health is decided approximately 5% by our genes. Most of a person’s health issues are influenced by poor lifestyle, including nutrition, movement (exercise), how we think (optimistic vs. pessimistic), what we think about most of the time, how we talk to ourselves, and our support systems – family, community, peers.
• To achieve real health and wellbeing, which is constantly in flux, the doctor and patient need to form a committed partnership. The committed patient assumes responsibility for his or her health. The doctor and patient need to work together to unravel how the patient got to the health state he or she is in and then how to reverse it.
• Change is hard but is not as hard as watching your health deteriorate to the point of being disabled and where you cannot enjoy the plans you have made.
• Personalized health testing can give answers. And education can provide the power to sustain the changes needed.
• Everyone has the right to be informed of all health care options at an affordable cost. Clinical judgment should be based on non-biased scientific studies not only pharmaceutical supported work.
My philosophy is based on the principles of Functional Medicine.
This information is being provided to you for educational and informational purposes only. It is being provided to you to educate you about healthy eating and healthy living and as a self-help tool for your own use. It is not medical advice and it does not create a physician-client relationship. This information is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgment. For my full Disclaimer, please go to https://drdonnaficaro/disclaimer.com